Friday, August 13, 2010

Skin Care and Outdoor Pools

A friend asked me how my skin was holding up being in the water all the time.  My answer to her was moisturize and sunblockIt is important if you participate in classes in an outdoor pool that you take care of your skin.  With that in mind here are my tips for skincare.


  • Always use a sports (waterproof) sunblock.
  • Always wear a hat - preferably one that covers the top of your ears.
  • Always have a plastic water bottle poolside - one half frozen keeps cold longer
  • Always wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare
  • Always rinse off afterwards and apply moisturizer as soon as you get the chance. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the water bottle being half frozen. I've been doing that this summer and I noticed that I am even drinking more water. =)

    ReplyDelete