Sunday, August 8, 2010

How it all started




Hello!

I wanted to elaborate a little on why this blog was developed.  In order to do that I wanted to go back to how I began my lifelong passion with water fitness.

When land aerobics first became popular back in the 80's, I dutifully stomped along with my instructor on a hardwood floor.  It was sweaty, hard on the joints, and frankly, not a lot of fun. 

Then we were told we needed to add weight training. I hit the machines in the gym.  It was okay, but I did not like the results.  Despite my best efforts, I was gaining muscles and was not achieving the lean toned look that I wanted. 

I found my way to a local pool and was hooked! Here was an environment that allowed me to work at my own pace, offered great resistance, had fun music, great toys and endless variety. I got the toned body I was searching for and felt energized after a work out.

These days, I like to feel that I am 'everywoman's' instructor…not a spring chicken... but one with experience where it counts and the enthusiasm to motivate other!

That's how I got here. Now, I am 56, retired from a job after 30 yrs,  lead 6 water fitness classes a week, and wrote a book. <grin>

I hope I have lots of interested visitors and look forward to a talking to you! 

     Dry Is Not An Option
 Water Fitness to Go!    Illustrated exercises you can use today
Book by Norma J. Stamp
Available online at:

No comments:

Post a Comment